Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Simple Shift

After a rousing game of Running-from-Mommy-while-she-tries-to-take-my-picture-is-hilarious, my dress model finally settled down enough for me to get a few shots of this FO.



















I mentioned this project only once before. It's actually been finished for over a month now, and Sophie's already worn it a couple of times.

The Details:
  • Started: May 12, 2008
  • Completed: June 10?ish?, 2008
  • Pattern: I modified Butterick pattern #B4118 (which you can see in the link above) from a top to dress.
  • Size: 3 (Which any of you who sew know, pattern sizes don't coincide with ready to wear sizes). Sophie has a narrow chest, but is also tall for her age. So whenever I sew for her, I usually have to blend the width of a smaller size with the length of a bigger size.
  • Fabric: A blue and white pin striped cotton that's been in my stash for so long I don't remember where or when I got it. It feels good to use up the stash. =)

5 comments:

Marie said...

It looks darling on her!

Your seams look so professional. Mine are always a little bit crooked.

Knittymuggins said...

SO adorable (the dress & your little one)!! Great job :)

knittymuggins

rainin9 said...

Pretty dress! Your daughter is so cute. :)

a friend to knit with said...

absolutely precious. your girl, and the dress!
so so cute.

Hadley Gets Crafty said...

What pretty little things, both the dress and the daughter, of course. Congrats on each!