Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ravelry Stash

I've started adding my stash to my Ravelry page. I'm doing a little at a time, as I find the time. At this point it appears I only knit with cotton yarn. That's because I keep my stash organized in baskets by weight and in some cases, fiber. I grabbed the basket of cotton yarn and started photographing it first. Other fibers to come as I get to them.





I'm also working on a project that I've yet to mention here.





Most of you will recognize it as the much loved Rusted Root from the talented ladies at Zephyr Style. I'm about 60% finished, and the knitting has flowed without any problems. I'm using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in the Perry's Primrose colorway, which I purchased at Little Knits.



3 comments:

Marie said...

The Rusted Root sweater is really looking good. It won't be long before you finish it.

I have some Provence in my stash too. I picked it up for the gorgeous colors. It has done nothing but sit in my stash for 3+ years. What are you planning for your yarn?

Steph said...

Marie,
I bought the Provence for the same reason - irresistible colors. And mine has been in my stash for several years now too. I really feel at a loss as to what to make with it. I'm finding that I'm not much of a fan of garments knit in a 100% cotton if the yarns any thicker than a fingering weight. They just feel too heavy to me. And I'm a little weary of the whole stretching out thing that heavier cotton garments like to do. Maybe I can hunt down some purse or accessory patterns for it. Let me know if you get any ideas.

Knittymuggins said...

Your Rusted Root looks wonderful! Can't wait to see it on you :)

Wow, how organized are you? Your stash is organized by fiber, among other things? I'm impressed :)

I adore having my stash in Ravelry. It takes a while, but it's so worth it! Have fun!

knittymuggins