Monday, April 21, 2008

Slowly But Surely

The Child's Classic Ribbed Cardi is coming along. All pieces have been blocked, the raglan shoulder seams sewn, and what you see below are the button bands in progress (well, one of them anyway).





And because I'm endlessly amused by the photo editor, here's a bonus shot:



As soon as this is completed, I need to finish up the Mini Sweater quick-like. We won't dwell on the fact that I'm finishing two sweaters just as the temperatures are climbing into the 70's. I was wise enough to factor growing room into Sophie's, and I don't think I'll be growing too much before next fall. I'm already prowling around for some summer projects to cast on next. This is one that's being considered (scroll down to the Summertime Tunic). But more specifically, I'm pretty enamored with Knitterella's version that used cute fabric straps.


4 comments:

Hadley Gets Crafty said...

What a lucky munchkin you've got... not everyone's mommma knits them sweaters!

Steph said...

hadley gets crafty,
Aww, thanks! =)

Jessica, aka TopazGirl said...

That pink sweater is really lovely! What a lucky little girl you have. I'm totally in awe of your seeming ability to concentrate on only one project at a time, then move on to the next when the first is finished. :)

Steph said...

Jessica,
Thanks, but I'm not as good at staying focused on one project as it may seem - the Child's Ribbed Cardi jumped onto my needles when the Mini Sweater I was working on was half done (which has been languishing in my knitting bag ever since). =)