Sunday, April 27, 2008

I May Be Knitting These For My Grandchildren

So I've been pondering how realistic the size of my Ravelry queue is. Which currently numbers 344 (that's including my 'Favorites' which I've already confessed are queued projects in disguise). I did a little math. I'm 28 years old now. If I live to be 88 years old, which is a completely realistic expectation considering the women in my family tend to last until their late 90's, that gives me 60 years of knitting time. According to my calculator, that means I only need to knit 5.73 projects a year in order to complete everything in my queue. Totally do-able if you ask me! But it also occurred to me that when I'm in my later years, I may no longer have the body to wear some of the projects:









Those are four of my favorites from Kim Hargreaves new book, Nectar, that went on sale a few days ago.

6 comments:

Jessica, aka TopazGirl said...

Of course, that only works if you stop adding projects to your queue, lol!

Steph said...

Jessica,
Yeah, that was the one flaw in my plan. ;) I think the only way my queue would stop growing, is if no new knitting patterns were ever published again.

Marie said...

I think you should set yourself a limit. You can only add 10 projects a month. And you have to remove 5 projects a month by either knitting it or deleting it. Then, you can actually finish by the time you are 70. I'd get cracking!
Seriously, I can't believe the size of your queue. I think I have only 10 projects in mine. And I'm not sure I'll knit all of those either.

a friend to knit with said...

i want to make ALL of those!! oh my gosh. really! i love them all!

Lise aka Pindsvinet said...

I think you should put the Nectar designs in the top of your queue :) They are gorgeuos. Can't wait to get started on one of them myself.

sappmama said...

I'm for using to queue to pretend I've already made stuff! I stare and stare and things, and, eventually, grow tired of them and delete them. Sometimes.