Monday, November 12, 2007

Validation

Not only is Ravelry alot of fun and a great way to organize all of my knitting related paraphernalia, it's also proving to be a very useful source of reference. After I discovered what the problem was with my seed stitch dress, I looked it up on Ravelry. (Even though I've been calling it the "Seed Stitch Dress", it's actually called the Picot Dress.) It was so convenient - I could view pictures and opinions of thirteen other people who are making/have made this same project. And what do you know?! Just a quick glance around shows quite a few others who talked about having major problems with the sizing of this dress!
Last night I ripped back, made the necessary alterations, and I'm back on track. I'm about five little rows away from a completed back. {sigh} It's such a relief to not have this thing laying stagnate in the bottom of my knitting bag anymore. =) (We won't talk about She Who Shall Not Be Named who was also laying at the bottom of the above mentioned knitting bag. When I saw her, I shuddered and quickly stuffed it out of sight.)

Earlier today I had a photo shoot with Persnickety and Clyde. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to take good pictures of hand puppets by yourself? I think I inadvertently performed some advanced level yoga moves.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These are the first hand puppets I've ever made. And I have to say I'm quite proud of how they turned out. Did I mention that I designed every aspect of them? =)
They've been listed in my Etsy shop.

No comments: