Thursday, November 22, 2007

Many Thanks

I am thankful for.........

  • Sophia. The person who changed my life. She showed me how shallow my concept of love was before she existed. Opened my eyes to the fact that most of the things I used to value and worry about are ridiculously insignificant. Taught me that "now" is the only moment we ever have, and not to waste it. She reminds me that it's the little things that count, and not to overlook them in my effort to get the "big things" perfect. And she gives the best hugs. =)
  • My health. Without it, I wouldn't be able to enjoy so many of the things I take for granted.
  • My ability to create things with my hands. It's been an immense source of pleasure since the first time I picked up a crayon.
  • Nature. God is the most awe inspiring artist of them all.
  • The lessons life has taught me thus far. I may not have enjoyed them when I was learning them, but they've made me better than I've ever been.
  • Books. I can't imagine my life without them.
  • Friends. Not acquaintances, I mean friends. The ones that you know will drive X number of miles to pick you up, when very few others would. Both literally and figuratively, they would never leave you stranded.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 comment:

RuffleButts said...

I love this post...touching and inspiring...well said!