Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm Dying

To knit something for myself, that is. =) You may not be able to tell from all of my recent blog posts, but I really do love to knit adult things. And especially adult things for ME. But unfortunately, it'll have to wait a bit longer. Both the front and back of the Seed Stitch Dress are completed and blocking, though you can only see part of the front in the picture.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes, it's sad, but true..............I do not own a blocking board. My ironing board will have to suffice for now. Or in instances like this one, where all the pieces will not fit on my ironing board, a folded up towel. =)
The next thing that's going on my needles is my November project for the Do Something New KAL. It needs to be something I can complete by the end of November. I've never knit cables before, and having lived in Florida for the last three years, Sophia's collection of winter hats has dwindled down to a pathetic level. So I chose Sugar On Snow from the Fall 2006 Knitty. I'm planning to choose a yarn from my stash and swatch tonight.
Now, onto something exciting I've been meaning to blog about for almost two weeks. Do you remember when I lamented about the fact that Kim Hargreaves patterns (which I LOVE) can only be purchased in kit form? Well, not only has Kim come out with a beautiful new collection of patterns, she's made them available in book form! That's right, I can purchase the whole collection for a mere £16.95, which works out to somewhere in the neighborhood of $30.00 US. I have to practice self restraint, and not purchase it yet, as there are two very expensive events that are quickly approaching - Christmas and then Sophie's birthday not even a month later. But it makes me so happy to know that purchasing just the patterns is now an option. And I'm crossing my fingers that she'll eventually make her past collections available in book form too. Here are some of my favorites from the book:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: