Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Nature Walk

Aaaaaaaah, the wonders of Fall. The crisp, clean smell of the air......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The fiery colored leaves perform their ballet dance to the ground....


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mother nature tucks herself in for a long winters rest.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wait a second.......what is that thing?! Let's take a closer look.............


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Why....it's a rare white wild rabbit of the genus Fat Assicus! Let's move slowly. We don't want to startle him.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh looook! He wants me to scratch his belly! What a friendly little guy. I think I'll adopt him. He'll make a great companion for Mr. Whiskers during the times I'm away from home.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

See - they're great friends already! What's that you say? Mr. Whiskers looks annoyed? Oh, well he can be a little slow to warm up...........but I'm sure he'll come around.

FO Details:
Pattern: "Rabbit" from First Knits by Luise Roberts and Kate Haxel

Yarn: I substituted white Bernat Baby Boucle for the recommended brown Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran

Needles: A pair of vintage Hero US size 6 straights

Started: October 22, 2007

Finished: October 31, 2007

For: The Do Something New KAL. It's the first stuffed animal I've ever knit. It will now belong to Sophia.

My Thoughts: This pattern was very easy to knit, and almost as easy to assemble. The directions said to "stuff quite firmly". I think I might have taken them a little too seriously, as my rabbit is quite a bit fatter than theirs. =) I'm not too excited about how the embroidered eyes came out. After I was finished with them, I had the thought that I should have sewn buttons on for the eyes. Ah well, we live we learn. I'm happy to have finished this in time for the October deadline which is today. It was a close one.

2 comments:

Nautical Knitter said...

ROFLOL!!!! That was a great story and I love the bunny!

Craftybernie said...

Lol! Well that was funny! Give him a tickle on the tum from me too!!!