Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Seeds Are Growing

Well, it's been a week since I requested your votes on the Seed Stitch Dress/Beaded Cardigan dilemma. And while quite a few people have visited this blog during that time (there's a page visit counter), only three spoke up and voted. Thank you craftybernie and string theory blog for your input (the other person who voted was anonymous). Which means I have a bunch of lurkers in my neck of the blogging woods. I'll bring you out of the shadows yet, I will. What will it take? Giving away free yarn? ;) While I do understand lurkism, as I read blogs for the longest time without ever leaving one comment, the biggest reason I started my own blog was to be part of a crafting/sewing/knitting community. And until I can get you guys to comment and participate in this here little blog, it's kind of like having a one sided conversation where I talk on and on endlessly. Anyways, I'm just saying.......

So, since there weren't enough votes to go with a majority's decision, I chose to go with the Seed Stitch Dress. Why? For a couple of reasons. But the biggest one is that there are so many other projects I want to start. I want to get this one finished, wrap it up all pretty, hand it over to it's recipient, and be onto the next one. I'm just not one of those people who likes to have ten projects on the needles at once. It bugs me. Plus I very rarely knit a pattern exactly how it's written. And if I have projects all over the place, it's hard for me to keep track of which alterations I made on which patterns. And anyways, I cheated. I actually cast on for the dress late Tuesday night. Hee hee. =) But in my defense, there were still only three votes at that point, and it didn't seem very likely that eight of you were going to be reformed from your lurkitis before Thursday. And I've been knitting on this thing every chance I get. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the back. As you may recall, this dress has no sleeves to knit. So I'm hoping to have a finished project within the next 3 - 5 days. It would be even sooner, but I have to work Friday and Saturday. >:( Apparently my employers didn't get the memo that there's important knitting to be done.
Here's a picture that was taken this morning, and I've knit on it since then. Those are the buttons I bought to go on the bonnet, mary janes, and at the back neck opening of the dress. On my monitor they look bronze. But in real life they're an antiqued silver. Can you see the flower design etched on them?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When I was picking out the buttons, I also looked for a zipper to finish up the circular knitting needle case. I need one that's at least 32 inches long. The only choices they had in that length were black and brown. The colors of the case are dark denim blue, white and red polka dots. Since I am just not feeling the thought of black or brown with those colors, I'll have to look again elsewhere. In knit along news, I'm still patiently awaiting my invite. Does it normally take this long for KAL hosts to respond to a request to join? This being my first, I wouldn't know.
Until next time, I wish all of you an abundance of yarny goodness.

1 comment:

Craftybernie said...

Hi there

It's possible to buy zippers off the roll, usually by the meter. You can also buy the sliders too.

I googled continuous chain zip and found mostly online uk stores but I also found this one: http://www.agreatnotion.com/catalogue/enter.html?lang=en-uk&target=d95.html.

Hope this helps now and for future sewing projects.

Good luck with the blue dress!

Best wishes..Bernie