Sunday, October 28, 2007

KAL Rabbit

Here are all the pieces of Rabbit, knit up and blocking for the Do Something New KAL.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm going to sew it together tonight while I listen to knitting podcasts. It's knit in Bernat Baby Boucle in white. Though I loved the way the example in the book looked knit in Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran, I don't have any of that in my stash. I do have other brown wool yarns, but I was also very curious how this pattern would look knit up in a fluffy white yarn. Also, the Bernat Baby Boucle was one the first yarns I ever bought, before I had discovered the wonders of natural fibers. I honestly can't imagine myself wearing anything made from this yarn, and I'm happy to have a chance to use it up. (Now what should I do with the six or seven other skeins of white, yellow, and blue that I have?) The three tear drop shaped pieces will make up the body, and the two rectangle shaped ones will be the ears. I made the pom pom tail this afternoon. After all the pieces are sewn up and stuffed, I just have to embroider the eyes and nose. I'll be using white embroidery thread to sew the pieces together, as I think using the boucle would be difficult and have a disappointing result.

2 comments:

parisukat said...

What a wonderful site you have here, my mother loved it too!

Steph said...

Thank you parisukat. Your comment made me smile. =)