Monday, October 22, 2007

It Was Worth The Wait!!!!

I don't even care how obnoxious I may appear right now with my excessive use of exclamation points. I was bored and decided to check my email. Lo and behold - my Ravelry invite was sitting in my inbox! I felt like Charlie discovering the golden ticket in his candy bar on Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. I clickety clicked my way to the sign up screen. I am now GirlMeetsYarn on Ravelry. Hee hee! And for anyone who's still waiting - oh my goodness. It's like walking through the pearly gates of heaven and discovering that everyone's a fiber-obsessed knitter who would love nothing more than to talk about projects, help you work the kinks out of your first design, recommend the perfect yarn for that sweater you've been drooling over, etc., etc.

And as if that weren't enough knitting crack for one day, I also got my invitation to join the Do Something New KAL that I've been waiting for. I have to knit something I've never knit before and post a picture of it on the KAL page before the month of October is over to be entered in the drawing for this month. That means I have about 9 days. I've picked my project:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's Rabbit from First Knits by Luise Roberts. I've never knit a stuffed animal before, and this is perfect because it's small, should be quick, and gauge doesn't really matter so I won't have to waste time on a swatch. This knit along continues through January 31, 2008. The idea is to knit something that's new to you each month. I plan to be a little more adventuress in the coming months, when I'm not so pressed for time to meet the deadline. Fair Isle, cables, beaded knits - there's lots I haven't done yet, but would love to learn. Speaking of rabbits, I feel like the white one on Alice In Wonderland - "I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say Hello. Goodbye. I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!". Much knitting and exploring to do. =)

3 comments:

Lis said...

Found your blog through the Creative Women Blogs group on Blogcatalog. Ravelry is great, isn't it? I've been there since May and I love every minute of it. By the way, I'm Lis on Ravelry. :)

Claudia Assencao said...

What is your name on Ravelry so I can add you as my friend!! =) Have a nice weekend!!!
Kisses, Claudia

Steph said...

Hi Claudia,
my name on Ravelry is GirlMeetsYarn. Hope you stop by. =)