Sunday, July 15, 2007

You can't get were you're going if you never take the first step......

I've been thinking about starting a blog for about two months now. But I kept putting it off because "it just wasn't a convenient time in my life to take on something new", or at least that's what I kept telling myself. But today I decided I didn't want it to turn into "one of those things I never got around to." Wow..................the first step really is so much easier than we often convince ourselves it's going to be. You see how simple that was - I just typed a few sentences............and lookie here! I have a blog!!

An-y-way, I'm going to start with, let's see......................seventeen, yeah seventeen sounds like a good number -

Seventeen Things About Me (A.K.A. The Good, The Bad, And I Don't Know You Guys Well Enough To Admit That):




  1. I drink WAAAAY too much coffee. You know how a car will just sputter out and refuse to move if you don't keep an adequate amount of gas in it? Well that's the same kind of relationship I have with coffee.


  2. I love, love, love knitting and all things knitting related.


  3. Sadly, I don't know one single other real-live knitter. Only the ones I see in blog land.


  4. The above often makes me feel slightly dorky and deprived among my non-knitting friends. Sometimes I wonder if this knitting isolation has anything to do with the fact that I live in Florida. Maybe people just don't knit in a place that gets so freakin' hot.


  5. I'm moving to the Pennsylvania/Ohio area that I'm originally from, in one week. Which I'm excited about because among other things............you guessed it - real live knitters!!! I KNOW there are alot of yarn shops up north.


  6. I also really like to sew.


  7. And read.


  8. I have a five year old daughter who is the best thing, and the most stress-inducing thing that's ever happened to me. One of the things I find most challenging about parenting, is how difficult it is to have the luxury of an uninterrupted thought.


  9. I'm currently obsessed with the color red. I hadn't even realized it until a saw a bunch of the things I've recently made sitting next to each other.


  10. I am a horrible speller. I just learned that nifty little tid-bit about myself when I hit the spellcheck ten seconds ago.


  11. I love socializing, but also have a very introverted side to me, which often gets mistaken for snobbery. And I hate that. I'm one of the least snobby people I know. =)


  12. If I could have one super power, it would be to have the ability to pause time. So I could do whatever I want for an hour or so, while the world just stood still.


  13. I'm happiest when I'm learning. Not necessarily in an academic environment, but I'm a huge advocate of that old saying - "If you're green you grow, if you're ripe you rot."


  14. I'm 27 years old.


  15. I have a cat named Mr. Whiskers and sometimes I think about getting another that's a female, just so I can have a Mrs. Meow and Mr. Whiskers.


  16. I would love to move to a European country (I'm not sure which one) and see what it's like to live in a culture that's very different than that of the U.S.


  17. One day I'm going to teach myself to speak French.




And to wrap up this post, a picture of Matilda, who was just born today:



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



No comments: