Monday, July 16, 2007

W.i.p. it good

Just a quick post tonight. Here's a project that's very close to being finished:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It's the bolero from Debbie Bliss' Junior Knits. It's for my daughter Sophia. The cool thing about this pattern is that the back, fronts, and sleeves are knit all in one piece. Super easy and no shoulder or armhole seams to sew. =) All I have left to do is seam one side, sew in the ends, and block it. I substituted Jaeger Extra Fine Merino Aran for the Cashmerino Aran. Plus I knit the cuffs shorter. I didn't like how bulky they looked in the picture when you knit them long and rolled them back. Other than that, no changes to the pattern.

This is my other W.I.P. :

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It's from a back issue of Vogue Knitting. I'm almost done with the back. I used Classic Elite Provence in place of the yarn called for (can't remember off the top of my head what it was).

And these are some of the other patterns in the above magazine that I'm eyeing. Though there are soooo many things I want to knit, that I don't know if and when I'll get to these. :


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sweet dreams. I'm off to catch up on some much needed sleep.

2 comments:

joy said...

can you tell me what issue of vogue that was?

knitandpearl.blogdrive.com

Steph said...

Hi Joy,
It's Spring/Summer 2006.