Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My reason for everything

I reserved my moving truck today. That simple action really locked it into my head that "this is real". I'm really moving across the country in a few days. I can't even begin to explain how many emotions that stirs up in me. Some are good, and some.............not so easy to process right now. I'm moving because it's my choice. And I whole heartedly believe it's the best choice for Sophie and me. But part of me is very sad about saying good bye. Good bye to friends in this part of the world. Good bye to sunshine nearly every day of the year. And palm trees. Good bye to the house and rooms that hold so many memories of the last three years. A temporary good bye to a feeling of order and familiarity, until we get settled and life develops a rhythm again.

But I'm also saying hello to a lot of things. Hello to family and friends that we miss so much. Hello to fiery colors in the fall. Hello to snowmen and sled riding. Hello to sweaters, and mittens, and hats.......that I get to knit! =) Hello to Sophie's first day of Kindergarten. I'm going to cry on her first day of school. I can see it already. Just the thought of her in her first-day-of-school-clothes with a Hello Kitty back pack that's almost as big as her, stocked with Crayola crayons and Elmer's glue. Eeeeeeeee!
And that's why. That's how I know that no matter how chaotic this move is currently making my insides feel, it's all okay. She's my reality check. My reminder of what really matters. My reason for everything.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until you get back here... ESPECIALLY after seeing S.'s precious face =)


LOVE,

Your Adorable Lil Sis